Wish me luck!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wish me luck!
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:55:55 +1000
Cc: "Team-Thicko@Autox. Team. Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
OK, I am about to head off to the Annual 6Hr relay race
up at Winton raceway. It is a tight, technical (but pretty
flat) circuit just under 2 miles long I think.

I am in "roofless racing", a team of 3 spridgets,

Peter Brice (my former navigator) in a MkIIA Sprite -- he
started open racing at exactly the same time I did - our
first 6Hr was in "Team Blat" . He now has a 8" slicks, f/glass
front & 1420cc engine with big HP.

Mike Trathen, in a MkIII Sprite, he also started at the same
time as Peter & I (Team Blat), and runs 8" slicks, f/glass
front etc, and a medium HP motor.

Finally there is the odd man out -- me in my Rally spec Midget
(175/60 tyres, 5" rims, all steel bodywork, etc)

Given previous history of this event, we are being *very*
optimistic taking just 3 spridgets into the event! Let's hope
we have reliable cars this year!

The event has everything from a healthy contingent of vintage
racers right through to very modern stuff like a team of
Porsche GT3s.

Roofless racing is one of the 2 teams from the AHSDC (www.ahsdc.org) along
with "Bitches on Wheels" - the all girl team.

There are other teams from the MG club (a V8 team and a B team),
the local big Healey club, a few teams from the Mini club etc
etc.

Anyhow, a race report will follow next week (unless I have a
miserable meeting!)

Wish our team luck!

cheers, Mike