Re: Remote starter

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remote starter
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- Nory <nory@buffnet.net> wrote:
> I have a remote starter switch and the instructions that
> come with it don't
> tell you how to hook it up on a Spridget.  Does anybody
> know where to
> connect the leads?  The S.O. is tired of "helping" with
> the car
> problems......
hmmmm! Well I just got back from Harbor Freight with one
for when we get the engine back in the midget tonight, so
I'll tell you than......but....if the solenoid is the same
as the ones in all my otehr british cars, there is already
a button on the back-side of the pull solenoid from the
cable. just push it in to bump the starter. I've had some
that didn't work from age, so than you just put the two
clips on the two big bolts on either side oft eh solenoid
and press teh l'il red button.....remember as long as you
have the key off you can do this all you wnt to do comp
tests etc w/o firing up the engine......but....you will
befilling the bores with fuel so if you do this for a long
time, you will wash out any oil from teh bore during comp
tests, and shouldn't let it sit too long w'o either oiling
or firing up the engine.

Paul(about to go back out into the heat(it's 80 inside, but
reading 100 outside, or 125 inside the discovery with
windows open(was waaaay higher at noon when I opened the
door, and the LCD readout was solid black!) I HATE THE
http://sbc.yahoo.com