Re: Wire Wheels, Tubes and Tires

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com (David Lieb), "Guy Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels, Tubes and Tires
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:22:31 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David -

The lister who suggested filling the spoke nipple recesses in the rim with
clear RTV is in line with Valley Wire Wheel here in LA.  Many (mostly BMC)
Brit wire wheels have the rim-laced row of spokes and they are treated like
that by Valley WW.  I always add a double thick wrap of plastic electrical
tape over it on mine.  I've never had a tube cut down by spoke-end cuts.

Clay L.
'67 Sprite