No start X2 - Update

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No start X2 - Update
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:03:47 -0400
Well I made some progress on the car with the ignition problem.  I put in a
new coil and I now have spark. However (and this is where "NORYS LAWS" below
come into effect)...  The NEW Facet fuel pump decided not to pump any fuel!
(Sure hope the local supplier will take it back)  It clicks away like crazy,
but no fuel.  I took it out and put in a new SU and, ta-daa!  We got fuel!
All over the place!  The grose jets are stuck!  I thought they were supposed
to be better than those old needle valves.  I couldn't unstick them
sufficiently to stop the flow of fuel, so I'm ordering a new set.  I'm
confident this car will start now -- I just don't want to try it with gas
pouring out of the float bowls right now.

Now, on to the other car---  I put in a new solenoid, but the starter still
won't turn.  The new solenoid doesn't have a button to bump the starter
with, but the remote starter switch (correctly connected, thanks to you
guys) won't turn the starter either.  I'm still suspicious of the new Facet
fuel pump on this one, especially since I had trouble with the one on the
other car.  It sounds like it's running okay, but I wonder if it's grounding
out internally or something and killing the rest of the system.  I mean,
before I put it in, the starter was turning the engine just fine -- the only
problem was fuel delivery.  Now, with the new fuel pump, I have the opposite
problem.  I'm ordering another SU fuel pump and I'll switch them next week.
I'm ordering a starter too, just in case that's the problem.  Even if I
don't need it, it couldn't hurt to have a spare.

On a side note, we had a new snowblower delivered today, while I was working
on the car, and one of the delivery guys wants to buy one of the Midgets.  I
was thinking of selling one (that will still leave me with one runner and a
parts car), so I might take his offer.... Can't decide which one to sell
though.  He said he'll call me next week, so we'll see what happens....

-Nory

NORYS LAWS:  (Living by them on a regular basis!)
1.  Just because you have found the problem, doesn't mean you've found the
ONLY problem.
2.  Just because it's new doesn't mean it works right.