Re: Weber Question (converting to vaccum advance)

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: Weber Question (converting to vaccum advance)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:17:36 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mark,  APT says to always use a vacuum advance distributor on a street
motor.  Check their site if you don't believe me.  Now for the good news, it
is real easy to convert the DCOE for use with a vacuum advance distributor.
If you look on top of the carb right above the throttle valve (butterfly
valve) you will see a round bump with a flat top in the casting.  Take a
1/16" drill bit and drill in the center of this bump straight down, this is
the tricky part use a drill press if you have one. The hole will come out
right at the butterfly valve (just where you want it to be), be sure the
valve is open when you drill so you don't hit it.  Then take a larger bit
the same size as the short piece of pipe that your vacuum line will go on
and drill about 1/3 of the way down this same hole. Use a very small amount
of JB weld around the outside of the pipe and install it in the hole.  You
now have a DCOE that will work with the vacuum advance distributor.
        Crash