Ignition Light on update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Light on update
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:54:53 -0400 FILETIME=[59662AA0:01C26DF8]
Update

After checking out the generator, I found the rear bearing had completely
worn away and the shaft was running on the rear housing.
Following advice received I replaced the generator and voltage regulator
with new units, and as expected the light is no longer on.

However

While driving the car yesterday it sounded as though the voltage regulator
was cycling off continually, it almost sounded like a rattle,
I checked it out but could not duplicate the action with the hood up and
increasing the revs. Is there anything I should check out or is this normal?
Maybe the old unit had not worked properly for a long time and I am not used
to a correctly operating one.

What is the concensus out there?

Thanks,

Dave