Re: HS2 Float Level and RB Accelerator Pedal

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: HS2 Float Level and RB Accelerator Pedal
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:32:56 -0500
> Thin washers under the needle valve.
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> 2 Sprites, 2 Midgets

> First you adjust the fuel level with shim washers under the needle seats.
> The second problem can be fixed by turning the tops on the float bowls so
> the float pivots from front to back instead of side to side.
>         Crash

But wouldn't shims lower the effective fuel level in the bowl? My problem
was that the level was already too low, the inverted assembly had the float
too far away from the lid. I haven't pulled the needle valves out because I
already popped them back in with the other floats (needed to get done in
time to go to the autocross so I could test it).

How do you get the pipes to line up if you turn the tops? Especially with
the later carbs like mine where the front one has three pipes and the back
one has two.

David Lieb
Too many RWAs