Back on the list! Question about Engine Transplants

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[DE60AD80:01C276F8] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g9IMpgPD023143
Subject: Back on the list! Question about Engine Transplants
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:51:17 -0700
After a year or two, I'm back on the Spridget list!  Got 3 bodyshells
and loads of parts itching to become one again.

So...

I'm wondering about several engine options and wondering what folks
think.

1) Refresh the same ol' 1275 and stick it back in
2) Get a 1380 short block from MiniMania and go that way
3) Get the existing engine rebuilt with the Australian supercharger -
http://www.hi-flow.com
4) Does a Cosworth BDA or Lotus Twin Cam fit, with moderate effort?
5) Other choices, such as Kent engines, Cosworth YAC, Zetec....

I'm leaning toward a period-correct hack.  I expect bellhousing
modification/adapters and such to be required.

I'm looking for an occasional sporty-car, not a daily driver.  I don't
want a Toyota or Mazda engine (I like 'em, just not for this car).

Cheers,

tim