color 2 cents...

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: color 2 cents...
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:23:45 -0500
in my worthless opinion, i have had many cars in many colors..

stay away from colors you would find on the panty hose shelf.
its not an appliance, stay away from those except maybe black and white.
British Racing Green is cool, but earthtones are not.
pale anything will look washed out.
dont be influenced by your lava lamp.
dont paint it such that the Ringling brothers would use it.
tomato reds look like a tomato.. ive never seen any orange look good on a
car.dont paint it with anything that would match any military scheme.
IMHO nice solid colors seem to work best on our LBC's
nice ferrari reds, bright corvette yellow, BRG is always a winner, deep
blue, a few metallics
ive seen a deep purple look nice, black is always classic, silver works,
white is ok if not a bit boring,
bold stripes work well on the car. make sure it will be something
repairable/matchable unless its a trialer queen.
whatever you choose, it is something youll have to live with for a long
time.
we used ford performance red with white stripes on tinkerbell. we have used
"bright" corvette yellow on others.
The car is small and simple, anything too fancy will overwhelm the eye.
RK