Re: sprite A arm fulcrums

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <JHa2297255@aol.com>
Subject: Re: sprite A arm fulcrums
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:03:13 -0600
> <PRE>the tapered plug that holds the outer fulcrum in? any tricks to
getting a
> stuck one out? one came out easy, ones stuck like mad. can i simply drill
out
> or is it hardened? The uprights are trash anyway so drilling maybe ok?

Josh,
No, they are not hardened. (Assuming that you are refering to the little
tapered pin with the nut at the end. I have never had much success at
removing these by the approved methods. I usually end up using the cutoff
wheel in the dremel to recess the end of the pin that used to have threads
into a concave surface that helps center the very small drill bit that I
then employ to drill a hole through the pin. I follow this by several larger
sizes of drill bit until I am very close to the side of the pin. At this
point it drifts out very nicely. Never had any trouble with the replacement.
HTH YMMV
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
1973 RWA Project