Re: Pushrods: New or reworked?

To: "Tim L. Creger" <timlc@agr.state.ne.us>, "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pushrods: New or reworked?
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:20:10 -0500
a worn part is a worn part.
if it is showing wear then you should replace it.   it has an established
wear pattern for each lifter and push rod pair that were mated.  if the wear
were not evident, then i would say reuse the push rods.  but if they are
showing the results of wear then you are going to experience problems later
down the road.   another thing to consider is as the push rod wears (to any
great degree) it becomes shorter.  that in effect affects the geometry of
the valve train up at the rockers. not super significant, but if you are
looking for performance, and going to fool around a bit stretching the cars
legs a bit.....valve train geometry is nothing to fool with.  i'd spring for
new components if it were mine.   you already have gone and invested a bit
already, right?   now's not the time to get cheap on the project.    finish
it once and finish it right?

chuck
it's too early to get philosophical on this stuff...lol!