Big Brakes kit

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Big Brakes kit
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:30:50 -0800
In respoce to my wifes plea for brakes like the Volvo has ('98 V70 wagon
with awesome brakes) I am about to install a Winner's Circle Big Brakes
kit...MGB calipers and Spitfire rotors.

Has anyone got any experience with this kit. grinding a tad of clearance on
the upper trunion casting and relieveing the caliper casting a little should
be straightforward, but bending the steering arms has me a bit more
worried...

I wonder if reshaping the steering arms is gonna affect the steering
geometry or if it just gets taken up when the re-alignment is done. I don't
imagine that the arm is going to need a LOT of bending, but ( not having the
parts yet), it seems a little worrisome...

any wisdom out there?