Re: 1098 Midget exhaust sealing tips?

Subject: Re: 1098 Midget exhaust sealing tips?
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:19:43 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Just to chime in with my .02 cents,
I agree 100% with Peter's suggestions.
You will only have success with the original setup on your car if the pipe
flange
is clean and uniform without any bent edges or dents in addition to PC's advice.
I've had better luck with the later setup from the 1275 cars, but to avoid all
of
the foolishness, get a header as that completely eliminates the joint and
replaces it with a conventional setup that uses a pipe clamp at the front of the
system.

jay f
HAN6
GAN5