Anybody interested in a winter project Bugeye? (long....)

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anybody interested in a winter project Bugeye? (long....)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:10:41 -0600
Cc: "Martin Cooper" <cooper6@swbell.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA7NDM6D005553
I is with great sadness that I type this email,
but I think I've decided to finally let Wendy go.

Soon to be out of a job (Dec. 20th) without another
one in sight, an 18 month old that takes up most of
my time, and hours that don't even allow me to
even look at it, have made me decide to sell my
car.

She's registered as a 1959 Austin Healey Sprite.

I wanted to offer it to the list first because I
love the car and want to know it will go to someone
who'll love it.  Besides, right now, it's stripped
to the shell (rear end is still on it), so the
buyer will have to be familiar with them to put it
back together.

Pics?  Not yet, but if there is interest, I can
snap hundreds of them.

Condition:
Fairly rust free shell.  The pass. floor was rusted
through and repaired with fiberglass years ago.  Couple
of little spots in the front fender corners and front
of the rockers, but nothing major.  I say it's registered
as a '59 because the Vin is AN5L-6575 (I actually know it
by heart!).  I am also pretty sure that the DPO grafted
a rear tub onto a later model pan (although it still has
the 1/4 springs in the rear)

Parts are all there, was complete an ran a few years ago
(too many to count....) with a 1098.  I also have a 1275
block and head and a complete 948 with smoothcase.

Martin Cooper is a buddy of mine here in Austin, TX and
may want some of these pieces.  He's going to find out
that I am selling her via this.  I'll probably give him
dibs on anything he needs.

Price?  My heart says $50,000, my mind doesn't know.

Interest?  Let me know.

-Rob