Re: Axle shafts.^

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axle shafts.^
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:41:46 EST
In a message dated 11/20/02 10:55:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SDOliner@aol.com writes:
> There seems to a difference of opinion between my East Coast and West Coast
> gurus, concerning how to reinstall axle shafts.

I have always heard that you put them back from whence they came.  Never
really thought about turning them around, although that would expose the diff
to new surfaces.   Maybe if you turn them around you should replace the diff
gears as well, since the two have "seated" over the years?  I turned my
flywheel ring around to expose unused teeth to the starter teeth and that
worked great.    I will continue to put the axle shafts back where they came
from.

--David C.