Re: NO LBC CONTENT, was: The Gun debate/ now: "rant" 2002 07:27:32 -0600

To: toyman@digitex.net (Brad Fornal)
Subject: Re: NO LBC CONTENT, was: The Gun debate/ now: "rant" 2002 07:27:32 -0600
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:58:05 -0500 (EST)
Cc: mikeg@vicnet.net.au (Mike Gigante), Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sure.......in the end....

It is the "loose nut" behind "the wheel"
and not "the wheel" at fault. True, true.

I and my little bro' drove a Corvair for
years. It was as unsafe as a VW Bug
or Porsche. A camber "compensator"
or "bar" was a good idea on any of these
but, the machine was hardly more unsafe
than any other rear engine vehicle.

The probelm with guns is criminal behavior and/or uneducated or
ignorant, irresponsible adults, "thing" regulation notwithstanding.

As far as the government goes, "it"
does have reason to fear it's citizens
considering it's own irresponsible behaviour in terms of "protecting"
the security of "Joe Public" from crime,
terrorism, and financial rape at the hands
of corporations who's thirst for profits &
cheap labor imported across our borders remains unquenched. Gov't
"oversight" in
these areas over my lifetime has more
than "slipped a bit". "In control"...hell,
it is the people behind our elected officials
calling the shots at this point to a greater
extent than ever before, obviously, who are in control of those we get
to elect. The
government is bought and paid for by
"others" who's integrity, eithics and sense
of honor disappeared a long time ago. A look at the dwindling "middle
class" says it all, I am afraid, as we become more and more a nation of
a few
"haves" while the majority become "have
nots". The "dumbing down" of the US has
been going on for at least the last 35 years.

I love the place so it makes me
wanna puke. Billions spent in foriegn aid
each year while money for problems
within can't be found to the extent required. A Social Security program
who's
paltry benefits as compared to today's
inflated bucks is a joke, while Congress
voted itself a COLA many years ago after
oil prices did their thing. Unaffordable
health insurance amid soaring medical
costs....blah, blah, blah...it's endless.

When a "Martin Luther King" shows up
to lead the way in returning the government to the people....well,not in
my
lifetime, probably, but...you get the point
on government gun control!!

In any event:
When the uneducated or criminal types
want a gun, they can get one anytime
"government control" notwithstanding.

And when irresponsible adults don't
properly supervise theirs, they can be
easily gotten to by kids or anyone else.

And...Corvairs are fun rides, whether
hartop or convertible, Spyder, etc.,
whether stock or not, normally aspirated,
supercharged or turbocharged (BTDT) "loose nut" behind "the wheel" or
idiot
Nader government types notwithstanding.

And government by and for "the people"
is an absolute mess. Taking the private
and corporate money out of elections (true campaign finance reform)
would be a good start in returning the government
to the people. It's hardly being run for the
benefit of the law-abiding, working majority at this point, for sure.

Now I am gonna go vomit after which
I will jump in my Frogeye and go eat.

The hell with it! :) To the shower area!

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog