Re: Spring slave bolts

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "R. Glenn Cummins"<robert.g.cummins@ua.edu>, "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Spring slave bolts
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:04:11 -0500
I'll just add my 2 cents. The jack method only really works if you have
substanital weight (like the engine installed) in the front of the car. Since
my engine is out (and my parts cars have no engine) I used the slave bolt
method. 5/16 threaded rod. Mine were close to 6" long, which is almost too
long. 4" should do well for you. If you can find 4" fully threaded bolts, all
the better. I dont'have an air ratchet, though, so it was quite tedious, but it
worked.

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kvcbk/