Re: Buying 1275 engine parts

To: byers@cconnect.net
Subject: Re: Buying 1275 engine parts
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:30:49 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve--
I figured the usualy riffraff would chime in, but since no one responded,
here's my 2 cents:
I did my motor last year.

I really like dealing with Winners Circle in cleveland at 216-221-4666.
Call for their catalog. They sell both stock and upgrade parts and dealing
with them is casual and low key.  Pricing is good-- sometimes downright
cheap and they race their own cars.   I bought most of my engine parts from
them.

APT at 800-278-3278 got quite a bit of my money.  These were my primary
suppliers.

I found MiniMania just plain over-priced.  And when I wanted to talk to
somebody, they kept wanting me to use their website, which used to be just
godawful to navigate.

More or less the same comment for LBC Car Co.

Vicki Brit:  well the telephone rep asked me the following question: "Just
exactly where on the car is the rear spring shackle found, sir?"   No sale!

Moss:  I would say our own Peter the Parts Pimp would be a real person to
talk to if you want the convenience of a comprehensive catalog AND a guy who
knows something about Spridgets to chat with.  Where else can you call an
800 number, say "Spridget", and the the gal says "let me put you through to
my boss."?

I also got good advice, and consequently spent some money with Kim at Kim's
Motorsports in New York State (800-546-7178).  They race MG's, including
Midgets, are familiar with building A-series motors, re-sell Moss (as most
do), and will send you as little as 2 nuts and a washer in the mail if you
run short of something wierd.

There you have it.

JohnD

So far, very little response (only yours) to
my question about where to buy 1275 engine parts, and who to avoid.   How
'bout Moss?    Anybody have any problems with their parts lately?

Thanks,
Steve Byers
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G
Havelock, NC