Re: More hot-weather cooling--1500 modification

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More hot-weather cooling--1500 modification
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:45:34 EST
Hey 1500 guys!   I am trying something out here that you might be interested
in.  I took off that dastardly thermostat housing with that rediculous (and
dastardly) little plastic stoppered fill hole, and the dastardly integral
brass pressure tank, and replaced the whole thing with an offset bonafide
filler neck from a Spitfire. The pressure cap is right on the filler neck, so
the brass tank will be used for the catch tank for the valve cover outlet.

Anybody tried this?  I haven't gotten the car back on the road yet, but I
will let everyone know how it works out.

--David C.