No LBC...... Thanks

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC...... Thanks
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:10:56 -0500
Thanks to all who sent messages and prayers re my leg operation.

Everything went better than expected and I am now home. Hoorah!

A pre-op discussion with my surgeon caused him to change his approach and
hence my speedy (sic) recovery.  Originally he was planning on replacing the
artery from my crotch to just below the knee but when we were discussing
this I reminded him thats what he did to my right leg which resulted in an
emergency operation about 6 months latter to replace the artifical artery
with my vien after it became clogged with a massive blood clot.  The
artifical arteries do not bend well.  Picture a drinking straw when you bend
one to a right angle!  The Doc started giving me the same talk as he did 6
years ago, i.e., no deep knee bends for any prolonged time, prolonged ='s
2-3 minutes.  I told him my answer is the same as before - how can one work
around the house, on a car, on the boat, etc. without ever really bending
you knee!  What he ended up doing was just to replace the plaque clogged
part about 4-5"s and that was in mid-thigh.  That way no problem with knee
bends and a much smaller incission 6"s verus 18-20"s.

Again thanks to all (you know who you are) for your words and thoughts.

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie' under restoration
http://sprites2.homestead.com/