RE: (fwd)

To: Mini lista <mini-list@autox.team.net>, Sprite "és" Midget Lista <spridgets@autox.team.net> FreeWeb Explorer 6.0 HUN; Q312461) 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gBACkpTk008366
Subject: RE: (fwd)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:46:45 +0100 (CET)
> Hi Feher
> The electronic dizzy is, I assume, the correct item
(65DM4) and the

I forgot to menshion it, but it is as You said, I have got
a 65DM4

> timing is set approximately correct. The two wires from
the electronic
> module, fastened to the side of the dizzy, should be
connected directly
> across the coil, with the Black/White to coil Negative
terminal along

I have only got one w-b wire, and a single w one (If I'm
right, it is the tacho feed). I have connected the wb to
the "-" side of the coil. I have not connected the tacho
wire anywhere.

> with the tacho feed and plain White wire to coil positive
terminal,
> along with switched ignition. The electronic module just
behaves like
> the points, as far as the coil is concerned, by
connecting coil negative
> to chassis for the duration of the dwell and opening up
when the correct
> firing point is reached. Not a lot to go wrong if it was
working
> previously. (I also thought that coil was different
item). Check that
> you are not 180 deg out in timing. Very easy to re-mesh
drive shaft in

What if I missed the timing? Can it end up with no sparks
at all? Or just giving the sparks at a totaly wrong time? I
had tried with a single spark plug connected to the block
outside the cylinder, and with a mechanical dizzy, it gave
spark, not with the 65DM4.

> wrong place if it lifted upwards when old dizzy was being
removed, then
> fell back down again (Been there done that!)
> Hope this helps
> Pete Kay.

Fehir Gergu
> Sent: 09 December 2002 15:58
> To: Mini lista; Sprite is Midget Lista
>
> I have used a reconditioned mechanical dizzy on my MG
> powered Mini. It was working, but it was far from
perfect