Re: [midgetsprite] 65 Triumph Herale Vitese Convertible

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] 65 Triumph Herale Vitese Convertible
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:23:39 -0800 (PST)
--- Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> The Herald and the Vitesse were basically variations of
> the same
> vehicle.  Initially had the same chassis and body tubs,
> just the
> Vitesse had twin headlamps.  The Vitesse had a 6
> cylinder, 1600cc
> engine, later replaced by a 2 litre engine.  The Herald
> started out as
> a 998 4cylinder and progressed through the 1200 to the
> 1360 lump.
>
> Chassis and running gear of both was shared with the
> Spitfire.
or GT-6!  ;-)
...my father talked me out of buyig one fifteen years ago
whenI found it on a trip looking ofr gt6 parts..He
mentioned that when driving spirtedly around corners, teh
frame would flex and the outside door would open!!  ;-0
Seatbelts you say?  none...and that was from when we lived
in England bakc in early seventies, so they were fairly new
at the time, so not all body rotten...looking back, it
would have been a fun car for college..shoulda bought it
and put in a roll-bar or similar to stiffen it up. easy
realyl if you just brace the area behind the doors to the
center tunnel and each other...had designed it back than,
but never bought the car....ened up giving the gt-6 away as
I had no-where to store it anymore...

Paul