Cheap oil changes NO LBC

To: Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cheap oil changes NO LBC
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:33:27 -0800 (PST)
Gang,

Please allow my 2 cents worth.  Between 1976 and 1984 I worked for Exxon USA in
a few locations as a mechanic.  We offered low price oil changes to entice
customers cars into the service bay. Once there we offered a FREE safety check
of all fluids, tire pressure, filters, hoses, belts, wipers, and tire
condition. For an additional small fee we would rotate tires and check brake
condition.  Because we worked on comission, we were urged to sell the customers
on further services, and products. Being an honest Christian man I took pride
in never selling a product or service that was not needed by a customer. I
managed one service station for a few years and forbid my employees to sell non
needed services.  We did still however manage to be the second highest in sales
of tires batteries and accesories in the southeast market of Exxon stations.

What I am saying here is if you do not do your own vehicle service, oil change
etc. Please find a reputable mechanic and take youe vehicle to them when ever
possible. It might cost you a bit more time and money for required maintenance,
but it will pay off in the long run. I would never trust the quickie oil change
boys, or the kids at wally world. Remember the old saying, "You get what you
pay for".

Happy Holidays, and Happy Motoring through the New Year,

Lon /RedMidget