RE: spridgets-digest V1 #1914

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: spridgets-digest V1 #1914
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 22:59:24 -0500
_Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:07:16 EST
From BANJOJOHN at aol.com
Subject: need some measurements-bugeye

Hi Listers:

I need some measurements from a good straight bugeye for reference.  My body
shop guy needs them to make sure my car is straight.  I would appreciate
anyone who has a bugeye you are confident is straight to send me the
measurements as follows:
1) top point of the door opening at the rear to the top point of the front of
the door opening at the corner of the dash (where the aluminum trim strip
ends)

2) top point of the door opening at the rear to the bottom front corner of
the door opening, at the outer surface of the car. (a diagonal measurement)

3) top point of the front of the door opening at the corner of the dash (as
above) to the rear bottom corner of the door opening, at the outer surface of
the car. (a diagonal measurement)

If I could get those measurements from both sides of the car (just for good
measure, pardon the pun), and get them from several cars, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

John O'Brien
'61 bugeye
'65 BJ8
_

I am in no way responsible for these horrible (mis) measurements, but here goes

1 26 15/16
2 28 3/8
3 36 1/2
right