Re: Question: sealing rear engine plate gasket

To: "Tim L. Creger" <timlc@agr.state.ne.us>, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question: sealing rear engine plate gasket
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:06:44 -0800
Tim,

I didn't see any replies to your question, so here's my answer.

Yes, seal BOTH sides and also make sure yous seal both sides of your oil
pump cover or you will have a "rear seal leak". I use either a very thin
layer of Ultracopper or Hylomar. Lately I've switched over to using
Hylomar, but it's a bit more expensive that other products. Hylomar does
not harden and is easy to work with over extended periods ot time. I also
run a narrow, filleted bead around the half moon seal before installing the
plate.

Gerard