RE: Winterie Christmas Day...

To: "WFO Herb" <froggi60@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: Winterie Christmas Day...
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:49:33 -0600
In the middle of North America: 25F, dry streets, sunny, just enough snow
cover to call it a white Christmas, little enough that MN DOT hasn't salted
yet. Beautiful, considering it could just as well be 50 degrees colder.

About 12:30 we piled the family of four into the Mini for the 25 mile drive
around Lake Minnetonka to a friend's house for the annual Christmas
afternoon "buffet and gag gift exchange"

Nice drive, and when I was leaving my friend Rick's house his neighbor must
have felt like Frank did this morning. Seems his wife is nuts for Minis. He
came running out of the house with the Mini book he'd given her this
morning. I would have given tham a ride but I had just spent 15 minutes
getting the little ones strapped in and Lola was asleep. We talked for a
while though. Turns out he's a Triumph guy, nice folks. I promised she could
take it for a spin in the spring.

Phil Vanner
Minneapolis
'61 Midget
'74 Mini Cooper (It takes some doing to get a rear-facing child seat back
there!)