Re: Steering Wheel Nut

To: "John D'Agostino" <jdagostino@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Nut
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 07:49:10 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
The list is not stumped after all. I had faith that someone out there had an
answer. Now the question is where to find a 9/16 x 28 Die. This one is buggered
up but perhaps a jewelers file will work. Thanks John.
 John D'Agostino <jdagostino@attbi.com> wrote:Hi James.
I measured the threads on my car, it appears to be a 9/16 diameter shaft &
28 threads per inch.
Non standard for sure. Finding a die is going to be a challenge. You may
have better luck with a thread file, or even a jewelers file. A nut will
probably be easier to find, I'll bet that size is used on a variety of
British cars.

Good luck,
John