Re: Marvel Mystery Oil Questions

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Marvel Mystery Oil Questions
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 11:36:44 -0800 (PST)
--- Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net> wrote:
> HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
> I just got back from the flea market, with a 5
> gallon can of Marvel
> Mystery Oil, man I love a bargain!

It's a good detergent and lubricant.  Good for bolt
soaking.  Looks, smells, feels exactly like automatic
transmission fluid, and leaves your hands feeling the
same way after handling.  I have heard people say it's
a good thing to put in carb dashpots to "lean out" the
carbs, but the design of the dashpot/piston is to
provide dynamic stability (you can have speed or
stability - many raceers use no oil in the dashpot at
the expense of stability since the cars are at
wide-open throttle mostly anyway), so once stability
is achieved the oil leaves the equation and the
mixture is unaffected.

Happy New Year!

Grasshopper