Re: Horrible freight

To: jleclainche@cox.net
Subject: Re: Horrible freight
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:45:38 -0600
Cc: team-thicko@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
They are $199 in their catalog.  They now sell a "racing" version for
$299, I haven't looked at one up close but  the only obvious difference
is that the side plates are anodized blue.  You can believe them when
they say that similar versions sell for $600.  Griot's has one that looks
identical in every way for about that price.

I bought one when they first came out and I have been very pleased with
it.  It is very low profile.  It fits under the nose of my lowered
racecar AND the very low 7/8" sway bar underneath.  It pumps up in a few
short strokes and will let down the car as slowly as you please.  Cheap
floor jacks have a lot of slop in the handle turn and will tend to drop a
car with little control.  This jack has neither problem.  The handle is
easily removable and collapsible, big pluses when it comes to
transporting it to the racetrack.  I think the quality is very good, if
not excellent.

I think that it can't be beat for the price.  I haven't used the $600
jacks, but I can't see how they could be that much better.

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar
1951 MGTD