Fw: Tires For A Bugeye

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Tires For A Bugeye
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:22:45 -0500
Mike,

This is a FWIW kinda thing... As you figure out what you want keep in mind
that as you go lower and wider, you may have to space the wheels out some.
Also, you get to a point where the front tires might rub on the inside
undercurve of the bugeye bonnet. I have 205/60/13s on Cosmic 5.5" magnesium
rims spaced out 1/2 inch and have a rub problem when I turn the wheels with
the stock bonnet on the car. I recently bought a fiberglass bonnet to
butcher so I can still run these tires on the street. It wasn't a problem in
the old days when the car was an autocrosser because I had a flared
fiberglass bonnet back then!

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget "Drippy" (How's that for a name?)
1976 Midget "Boneyard" (Now becoming a piece of eBay history!)

I am considering 175/60-13 Yokohama A032R's.  Any thoughts about the size or
make/model?

 Thanks, Mike