tech questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: tech questions
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:52:31 EST
chuck wrote:

 and drop off some heliarc work (gotta love aluminum..)

Have you ever seen those kits at fairs and stuff that purport to allow
aluminum, etc. welding with a plumbing torch?  is there anything to that
stuff?

Mark M.

PS on this subject does anyone have any 110 mig reviews to share?  I have one
a friend left me when he moved it's a cheap job from Sears and it works okay
with perfect metal on a workbench but when one of the pieces being welded is
an old car it's hard to get the results.  I saw a lincoln one for 629 (more
than twice) I wonder could it be any better, are there tips or tricks I
should know about?  I'm not a bad welder with mig or torches but this thing
has been tricky for me