Re: Some advice please

To: jimdinalameda@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some advice please
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:35:15 EST
In a message dated 1/18/03 3:01:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jimdinalameda@hotmail.com writes:

> I just bought a 79 Midget and was wondering about the best manuals to get. I
>
> went to Moss site and saw alot of different ones. I figured a Haynes would
> be a good start but any other ones I should get?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Haynes is a good start, but the Bentley Manual is a better book.  If you can
find a Clymer, there is more info there as well.  Read ALL of your manuals
before attempting repairs.  They do not always match!  Then compare your car
to the books.

BTW, the Haynes wiring diagrams contain errors.  Bentley wiring diagrams are
better.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)