Re: Camera Mount (Some LBC)

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camera Mount (Some LBC)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:24:51 EST
In a message dated 1/21/03 9:24:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
millerls@ado13.com writes:

> I've decided to use the Bogen Super Clamp and one of the Bogen heads. Do I
> need the Clamp with the stud (#2900) or without the stud (#2915)?
>
> I can't seem to find anything that explains what the purpose of the "stud"
> is.

- - - - - - - - - - -

In my original post I suggested that you find a real camera store and go
there to put the thing together.  If you don't know the terminalology (I like
that word!), you shouldn't order on-line.  Most camera salespeople love to
fool around with the inventory!

The stud fits into the clamp and gives you a thread that fits into a camera,
or a light, or some other device.  Super clamps are used for all sorts of
"grip" applications.  You may need a #2907 Reversible Stud, which has 1/4" on
one end and 3/8" on the other.  Without a Bogen catalog, I don't know off
hand.  You will need a 3/8" thread to fit a tripod head.

More, better pics at:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/links/408.html

If you have some shop equipment, you can probably adapt a C-Clamp to work in
place of the Super Clamp, then just add a tripod head.  (Matthews Studio
Equipment sells C-Clamps with studs welded on them for lights.)  You could
easily do something with a 3/8" bolt thru a hole in the clamp.

Go here, http://www.matthewsgrip.com/uc.html, and click "Search by Catagory"
then "Mounting Equipment and Hardware."  Make sure you look at EVERY
product!!!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)