RE springs for 1500

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE springs for 1500
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:34:20 -0500
no idea what 1500 springs are like, but in my 1/4 elliptic search, i came
across a company that makes fiberglass leaf springs. they are supposed to last
forever? with consistent spring rate, around 300 a pair, no bushes included.
BYO mount bolts too i believe. However, i emailed them to see if they could do
1/4 elliptics and got no response, so i dont remember the name. THe website had
pictures, the springs are single leafish or thin leaf and blue. -Josh

"Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:19:53 -0500
From Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 leaf spring source?

Hello Brent,

Brent> Anybody know a good source for leaf springs for the 1500?

The replacement springs that are available will sag in short order. I
have one on the drivers side my 1500 and it sits lower without a
driver and the body roll when I make right hand turns is tremendous.

There is a company in CA call Deaver Springs, 714-542-3703.  I called
them and asked about springs for a 77 Midget.  He looked around a bit
and could not find the spring specs, so if I want a spring made I
would need to ship him a good spring that he can measure.  If someone
had a NOS spring for a 1500 that would be the ticket.  They make
springs mostly for the desert race crowd, so they know a bit about
making a product that lasts.

The steel they use is US made, not dung forged.  If you get the
springs made you have have them built to you liking.  The ends can be
diamond cut or have sliders.  The down side is cost, figure about $400
to $450 for a pair of spring.  But that is not to costly if you figure
the replacement springs only last 1 or 2 years.  I'll bet other spring
companies can do the same.  Anybody else gone this route?

- --
Best regards,
Bill      "