Re: Catalytic Convertor

To: jimdinalameda@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Catalytic Convertor
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:58:05 EST
In a message dated 1/24/03 6:59:52 PM, jimdinalameda@hotmail.com writes:

<< I would like to get rid of the catalytic covertor on my 79 1500. Any
suggestions? Can I do it and not adversely effect performance? Also any
input on carbs? I am on a limited budget but should I rebuild the Zenith or
replace? >>

Jim,
I also have a 79, got a set of headers (forget which brand) to match the
already in place Weber downdraft.  Runs well, headers were not toooo
expensive and, with the help and guidance of this list and the grinder of the
formerly world's largest spridget driver, it is something that you can do.
jp

John Poynton
79 Midget, Yellow Fever
Havertown, PA