Ed Esslinger's Wiper Delay Units FILETIME=[BDF0EC30:01C2C500]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Esslinger, Ed" <edstiger@charter.net>
Subject: Ed Esslinger's Wiper Delay Units FILETIME=[BDF0EC30:01C2C500]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:04:45 -0600
I just finished the installation of Ed's Wiper Delay into our 68 Sprite.
I love it!!
I have put a folder on the MidgetSprite photos section showing the key
parts of the installation. I first removed the radio console to access
the wiper plug. You can see the wires that are jumping the gap, these
wires go to the control unit. Once those wires are done, you have 3 blue
wires. The long fused one goes to the fuse block, I hooked mine up to
where the brown wires go in, I needed a constant on. The medium length
one went to the gauge voltage stabilizer. This is where the concours
guys need to bail out. On the stabilizer, there are two wires that to a
single female spade connector. These need to be separated. Taking the
wire cutters to it was not to bad, my harness has already been
compromised. The wire that goes to the wiper motor gets hooked to the
medium length wire. The shortest wire is for a function I don't intend
to use, but it is a neat one none the less. This controls your
headlights. Once you activate your wiper delay, it turns your headlights
on. Perhaps I will try to use it on my fog lamp I am putting on the car,
I'll see when that time comes.
Once I had it all wired in, it was time to find a place for everything.
I zip tied (came with it) the control unit to the steering column,
pushed it up high, to keep it out of the way. I then zip tied the plug
ends together, to prevent anything from coming loose to easily.
Reinstall the radio console, and mount the Lucas switch panel up under
the speedo. Not in the way of the ignition or the hazard switch, and it
looks pretty good as well. Frank, I used this because I am mounting a
driving light and a fog light to the front of the car. For you listers
in other countries (U.K. or OZ) when a mixed pair of lights is placed on
the front of the car, is there any precedent set for which goes on which
side? Fog lamp on left, right, or doesn't matter? Thanks for any info on
this. Anyway, Ed makes a great product, one year warranty (better than
Moss or V.B.) and will walk you through the setup if you need it (stupid
me did) and until it is working correctly. I am not getting any
kickbacks, free products, or affiliated with Ed financially in any way.
I am just a new satisfied customer.
Brad