Re: RE springs for 1500 - no longer around

To: "George Tylinski" <acid_lead@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE springs for 1500 - no longer around
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:58:40 -0500
I think he went out of business...and for good reasons.
cut and paste from the site
http://www.landrumspring.com/racing/technical.html
is the following
----------
 Fiberglass Leaf Spring - The fiberglass leaf spring is made of a mixture of
plastic fibers and resin; it is lighter than all other springs. However, the
cost is three times greater. The disadvantage is that they produce
inconsistent spring rates. In addition, fiberglass springs are sensitive to
heat. The resins break down when exposed to heat and heat cycles (produced
from exhaust and/or brake systems) which will cause the resin in the spring
to become brittle, resulting in the spring collapsing. Another problem
occurs with nconsistent resin mix which will cause the leaf to splinter and
break. Furthermore, the fiberglass spring is susceptible to damage from
rocks and debris.
----------

BOTH of his old sites are now defunct
www.members.carol.net/spring/  was his orig site then came
http://flex-a-form.com/  which now states the site has been deactivated
and supplie sthe following info only
This site is currently closed. If you are trying to contact Mr. George
Smolen here is all the information we currently have for that purpose:
Flex-A-Form
2060 Frontage Road
Anderson, SC 29621
(864) 261-7006
(FAX) 261-7102
Cell (864) 617-8362
Home - Unlisted
The E-mail accounts associated with this site have also been disabled.
Hosted by Electric-City.Net

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com