RE: Pertronix Rev Limiter?

To: John.Deikis@med.va.gov, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pertronix Rev Limiter?
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:32:38 -0800 (PST)
--- John.Deikis@med.va.gov wrote:
> ...and what might be the benefits of the "2" over
> the original Pertronix?

>From the site (I don't make this sh!t up):

The Ignitor II uses a powerful micro controller with
adaptive dwell algorithms resulting in the following
features and benefits:

7        The Ignitor II senses current levels in the
coil and adjusts the dwell to maintain peak energy
throughout the entire RPM range.  Dwell time is
increased or decreased with changing engine RPM and
operating conditions.  This provides more energy at
high RPM reducing misfires while improving engine
performance.

7        Compared to point type systems, develops on
average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and
5000 RPM and 2 times more available plug voltage.

7        Compared to the original Ignitor develops an
average 3 times more available energy between 3000 and
5000 RPM and nearly doubles available plug voltage.

7        Higher RPM performance is improved when used
with new Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6
ohms) 45,000 volt coil, however, is compatible with
any induction coil.

7        Because peak current level is reached just
prior to spark, ignition energy is sustained with less
heat build-up increasing coil and module life.

7        Adjusts spark timing over the entire RPM
range to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
resulting in more stable timing.

7        Senses engine startup and increases dwell
time providing more energy for starting sparks.

7        Senses incorrectly wired Ignitor II or a key
left on condition and shuts down the system
protecting the coil and other components from damage.

7        Shares all the same form features as the
Ignitor i.e. electronics molded in epoxy for better
foul weather performance, no moving or rubbing parts
to wear out, fits entirely inside the distributor, no
black box to clutter your engine compartment, no
complicated wiring makes installation easy, compatible
with 12-volt negative ground systems and comes with a
30 month warranty.

7        California Air Resources Board E.O. #D-57-8,
legal in all 50 states and Canada.

=====
"Know your stuff, be a man of integrity, and take care of your people."

- Robert E. Lee's dissertation on leadership