Re: LCB header won't clear steering! 2003 14:54:47 -0800

To: bryant@sonic.net (Bill Bryant)
Subject: Re: LCB header won't clear steering! 2003 14:54:47 -0800
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:17:43 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill...what a PITA, eh?

We'll see what others come up with here...maybe others who have an idea
involving localized heating of the metal.

Meanwhile, off hand, I'd remove the steering shaft, fasten the damn
thing
to the head per normal and try to bend
the whole thing from the bottom, near
the collector with the car up on a lift.

Maybe two big guys applying pressure
as "smoothly" as possible or getting a
small hydraulic device wedged in there
of some sort to apply pressure as smoothly and evenly as possible while
somebody else applys a torch or whatever
to the metal in the right places to aid in
slowly and carefully "bending" the piece
as a whole.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog