Thanks! and some LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks! and some LBC
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:29:34 -0500
Hi all,

First off, my sincerest and deepest thanks for all the support I received from
the list when I told of my wife's cancer. I apologize for not responding to
each and every one of you individually, but I haven't had time to check this
account and respond much. The good news is that all indications are that we
caught this early and it has not spread beyond the breast. Kathy is still a bit
apprehensive though since until the actual tests on the biopsy came back all
the drs, nurses, and techs were quite sure it was only a cyst or a benign
fibrous growth. The thing didn't even show up on a mammogram even through they
knew where it was and did some kind of special targeting right at the lump! But
we're still being optimistic. Going to the oncologist again on Friday to plan
the course of treatment, probably some period of chemo and radiation.

As for some LBC content, I got the engine and trans back in Bebop a couple of
weeks ago. Still have to get everything hooked back up and the radiator back
in. Looking forward to getting it back on the road with the rebuilt tranny. The
situation with my wife's illness has made me be determined to spend more time
doing the things in life that really matter, like taking nice drives through
the country with her. My best friend lost his mother to cancer (brain tumor)
last summer. His dad has a 69 Sprite (with DPO added fins!) and at the
reception after the funeral I was sitting with him and thought I would try and
get his mind on something else so I asked him about the Sprite. Unfortunately
that only reminded him of how they liked to take rides in it and he hadn't even
started it up that year before she passed away. Really sad.

Let's treasure what we have while we have it. Take time to smell the roses (or
even better, tear up the curves!) with those you love.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks again!

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"