RE: pricing on steering wheel

To: JHa2297255@netscape.net (Josh), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: pricing on steering wheel
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:10:51 -0800
Josh,

I have restored a couple with great success, one which was quite bad. I use
JB Weld to fill any voids and carefully sand back to original contour. Even
the fine ribs can be reconstructed if they are damaged. Of course your
success depends on your skill level. If you are ham fisted and impatient,
well... maybe you should leave it alone or leave it to someone else.

The entire wheel should be fine sanded and spayed with a good pro automove
paint primer sealer. They make flexible ones for these types of
non-metallic objects. Finish with either an automotive finish or if you are
in the "we tight" crowd, I have found that certain hi-temp engine enamels
are quite durable.

YMMV.

Gerard

>This brings up a good point, has anyone successfully restored an original
>black 2 spoke type steering wheel? I have one but it needs sanding/
>replacement with wooden moto lita (guess which one im planning on) Hello
>wood steering wheel. It might be nice to shine up the old one though for
>kicks/originality. Maybe some of that vinyl paint? -Josh

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com