Lowering a clutch pedal (for the long of leg)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lowering a clutch pedal (for the long of leg)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:21:36 -0800
Soo, the only real negative to my Midget is that my legs are too long
(almost) for the clutch.  I drive sock footed as even the extra bit from
shoes is too much.  I tried driving with Teva sandals once and about
lost it when the sandal hung up on the bottom of the clutch pedal & I
couldn't get my foot up on it.  Even sock footed, I still end up with my
left knee jammed up against the window crank.

Now the thing is, I can feel about an inch or so of  loose play in the
pedal - that is, I can push it down about an inch or so and it feels
like I'm not engaging the clutch at all - it's just some spring action.

So has anyone had any experience putting a small stop or adjusting the
pedal to give that little bit extra needed?  I realize I wouldn't want
to adjust too much and be actually engaging the clutch a bit.

Tim "longshanks" Holt