Still having clutch problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still having clutch problem
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:31:28 -0500
1971 Midget 1275. Had no pedal, acted like it needed bleeding. Bleeding
didn't help. It had been making a little noise, so I thought it might be a
bad throwout bearing, even though it was only 2 years old. Pulled the
engine, checked cluch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. All looked
good, but replaced the throwout bearing while I was there. Disc thickness
measured same as new. Put on a new master and slave cylinder to eliminate
any question. I have the same result. I noticed (and it dawned on me it was
like this before I pulled the engine and checked things out) that the rod on
the slave (which is the correct 2 11/16) was not retracting into the slave,
and the movement of the rod was only about 1/4 of an inch working the pedal.
I'm thinking that it might be a bent clutch fork. I had one 2 years ago that
was bent and kept loosing slave cylinders(they would actually blow the end
out. Does anyone have a description or picture of the stem on the clutch
fork as it should be, or another idea of what might be wrong.

1971 MG Midget
1959 Bugeye