Re: Fw: HARDTOP

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: HARDTOP
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:35:13 EST
We ended up going to J. C. Whitney and looking through the catalog at the
time for duplicates of what we had.  However, we were interested in function,
not originality although in most cases we found something that was pretty
indistinguishable from what was there except for time damage.

The little "spiders" in the fiberglass happen on the best of finishes and the
most carefully cared-for tops. Dudu occurs!!  I suspect they would show less
on a darker colored top than our Nevada Beige.

You can try, but I don't think you are going to get your Mark I Midget top to
fit on your Bugeye, and you may bend the boot cover (those circular dents
that look like this ) ) ) across the back end) in the process of trying.

There were so many different fiberglass tops back then that it is impossible
to even guess what you might have, so I am assuming factory issue which is an
extremely poor guess.  HTH

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"