Re: SUV arguments...

To: "Nory" <nory@buffnet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SUV arguments...
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:06:56 -0600
One thing that hasn't been mentioned... there's a bit of "class envy" that
takes place here too. While I believe "class distinctions"  are purely
perception, or inventions of the insecure mind... to some people, perception
is reality. many of those bitchin' the loudest would go out and buy one if
they stumbled across a bag of dough. They'd move to a bigger house, ditch
the granny glasses, and smoke a little less rope, and drink more red wine,
"lovey". So, despite masking the outcry in various "save the planet"
outcries, many just seem to be jealous they can't afford the expensive toys.

Also, there's a liberal hypocrisy to many "prominent" elected officials and
Hollywood types that seem to get the majority of the press. Didja know
Norman Lear has a 22 car garage? Adrianna Huffington takes private jets?
Ever see what the representatives and senators drive? (yeah... those guys..
you know.. the ones that voted themselves free health care years ago...) The
guys that torched a couple of SUV's on a dealer's lot created more pollution
in that one act than 20 SUVs would cause in a lifetime of driving? I'm
reminded of a Bill Clinton photo op where in an effort to publicize some
bill guaranteeing the wilderness, his people cut down a tree standing behind
his podium because it made a better shot...

Also, consider while you're criticizing the fuel usage of an SUV, that one
of these days, someone's gonna turn it around, and start looking at how many
miles you drive to work. "Sorry sir... you can't live here and drive
there...you either have to move closer to work or pedal a bike".

WST