A day at the glass shop

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A day at the glass shop
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:48:04 -0500
Well my new windshield came the other day and about a week ago I had the
glass shop up the street make me tempered glass side curtain windows.
Today we (yes, him and I) installed the new glass in my Bugeye
windshield. it went rather well. UK made rubber was a piece of cake to
install as was the body/frame rubber.
I learned a few more tricks from Mike the glass man too. Like the corner
of the glass rubber was not quite fully meeting the rounded corners of
the windshield frame so he took some of the lock bead strip and wedged
it on top of the glass to shove the rubber into the curves.
It looks great. And now with glass side curtains, no more scratched
plexi that rattle. Even in the divided storage bag those plexi curtains
got scratched.
While the glass was out of the windshield frame I seized the moment to
polish the aluminum. Now it looks like a mirror. All that means is I
have to keep it polished. It has no more anodizing on the frame.
I don't know what cost of the tempering was just yet, he is waiting for
the bill himself. But it was only $50 and a bag of donuts to have him
remove and install the glass. It would have been less if I didn't help ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ