Shifting trouble FILETIME=[A705AA80:01C2DAD9]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Shifting trouble FILETIME=[A705AA80:01C2DAD9]
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:21:40 -0600
I took the 65 Sprite out for a drive today. With it being 72* and sunny,
the wife followed in the 68, you should have seen the looks!! Anyway, I
noticed, when I shifted the car at around 3,000 rpm, it shifted smooth.
Of course I am a bit puzzled as to why I have to push the shifter a bit
to the left while going into 3rd and 4th. Not alot, but is doesn't slide
in easy like it does on the other two cars. Anyway, if I rev the engine
up to 4,000 or 4,500, it does NOT want to go into gear. What would cause
this? The tranny is quiet, full, and at lower rpms, behaves quite well.
I have Castrol 20w-50 in it now.
Brad