Congressional Retirement

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Congressional Retirement
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 0:39:56 -0500
OK, so I checked in to it a little... The following was lifted directly off of
a brief prepared by them:

As of October 1, 2000, 409 retired Members of Congress were receiving federal
pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service. Of this number,
356 had retired under CSRS and were receiving an average annual pension of
$52,464. Fifty-three Members had retired either with service under both CSRS
and FERS or with service under FERS only. Their average annual pension was
$46,932 in 2000.

I could live well on a pension like that. Shoulda been a politician!
Kent