Re: oil filter bypass

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: oil filter bypass
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:00:38 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The senosr that activates the light is on the oil filter assembly on the 1098's
and many 1275's. I say this because the first Spridget I got was a 65, and it
had
the light. It didn't have an engine, so I bought a 1275 out of a 74. When I went
to hooking everything up, there were places for the wires on the filter housing,
so I hooked them up. Then, one cold snowy Texas day, I took a trip into Ft.
Worth, 35 miles away. On the way home this light comes on, and I am worried the
rest of the way home. I didn't know what the light was for then. Got out the
Bentley, found out the problem, changed out the oil and filter, and it has never
come on again. HTH.
Brad