Re: [midgetsprite] Warning-Fraudulent ebayemail

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Warning-Fraudulent ebayemail
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:07:35 EST
In a message dated 02/25/2003 5:24:55 PM Mountain Standard Time,
cooper6@swbell.net writes:

> Make sure you notify Ebay and they will look into it - did you check out
> the comments that people leave doing business with this person?

She has 273 marvelous comments!  Not one negative.  Maybe she doesn't like
Texans.

We did have some confusion at first.  Ebay said she could take credit cards.
I e-mailed her and asked if I should e-mail the credit card info directly to
her.  She did not respond for a while and when I contacted her again she said
she did not take credit cards.

The error, my fault because I don't do that much on Ebay and don't have much
experience with PayPal, was that Ebay says she takes credit cards because she
takes PayPal, and you can fund PayPal with a credit card.  She apparently did
not understand this either, or did not bother to explain it to me.

I sent her another e-mail suggesting I send a check for all the purchases and
she could wait until it cleared to send the goods.  I suggested she put all
three booklets in one package to save on shipping expense.

She totally ignored this e-mail and a follow up one on my part.

I waited for her to respond and then got a notice from Ebay that I had
refused to pay her and I was going to loose my Ebay privileges, etc, etc.

I got a snotty e-mail from her THEN that she was going to bar me from ever
bidding on her auctions again and was going to send a negative response about
me to Ebay.

I e-mailed her once again and researched PayPay once again and found my error
and funded my account with a credit card to pay her.  She got the PayPal
payment over a month ago and I still do not have the goods.

Needless to say I am less than happy about this whole transaction, but I've
e-mailed her once again (no response yet that I can see) and I'll give her a
couple of days before I take it to Ebay.

Robert Houston

  War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is
worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a
miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by
the exertions of better men than himself.<A
HREF="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/John_Stuart_Mill/";>John Stuart
Mill</A> (1806 - 1873)